Case #4: Civil Service HR Reassignment
A Southeast Asian country’s civil service human resources employees were functioning in reactive roles, performing technical skills at the request of the agencies to which they reported. The desire of the government was to move its civil service HR professionals to perform in a more strategic role as internal consultants.
In conjunction with the Civil Service Commission and an internal consulting arm, MGC:
- Interviewed managers in the HR function to determine desired functions.
- Developed an HR manual for the new operations.
- Developed and implemented training based on the new HR manual.
Based on the implemented solutions,
- The HR Manual was accepted and fully implemented.
- The HR professionals began to develop consulting competencies to fulfill a more strategic role.